Serck Motorsport 5-Axis CNC Operator/Programmer – Job Specification
Serck Motorsport, part of the Unipart Group and a leading provider of products and services to the performance automotive sector, is looking for a CNC Operator/Programmer to join our manufacturing team. This position will involve working closely with both our General and Manufacturing Managers and will oversee the day-to-day running of our new 5-axis CNC machine. This is a fantastic opportunity for a CNC operator to take ownership, make a measurable impact and be the cornerstone of driving the business forward.
The successful candidate must have experience working with a 4 or 5-axis CNC machine and ideally be familiar with Fusion 360.
You will be responsible for the end-to-end CNC experience, including managing the flow of existing projects, implementing a test-and-learn approach to new projects, overseeing a considerable amount of prototyping, and managing tooling and consumables. You will program, set and operate our CNC Machine. Experience in high-end CNC Multi Axis Machining and off-line programming is essential. A passion for engineering and the appreciation and commitment to achieve our clients’ requirements is essential.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Programming and setting the machine to a high standard
- Machine maintenance, both job oversight and consumables
- 3 years’ hands on experience with multi axis machining (4 or 5-axis)
- Excellent written & spoken English
- Confidence using programming software
- Machine setting between projects
A mix of other skills & traits that may help you excel in this role:
- Experience with a 5-axis CNC machine
- Experience with Fusion 360 (or similar) creative suite package
- Experience in or affinity for motorsport
- Attention to detail, and able to work to close tolerances and very high standards
This is a full-time position, based out of our UK Manufacturing site (Hayes) with competitive rates of pay dependant on experience. You must be comfortable travelling to our Hayes site as required (a full, clean driving license will help with this if you live a good distance away).
Benefits include no weekend or bank holiday work alongside usual pension and holiday benefits.
The role is open to start as soons as possible – immediately for the right candidate if applicable. Email your CV to Graham Smith (General Manager) to apply:email@example.com